WHY YOU SHOULD STUDY ABROAD?

Australia is a good place to be, indeed. Luckily i pick up a wiser choice from my 2 in 1 option: either staying in Malaysia or leaving to a strange country i had never been through. Meanwhile, I had been lost, like a person adrift in a boat but have no idea which direction should he/she row to. Yet for a homesick person, it is unconceivable to leave my home-grown for a distance 4,743km away. 

Over the past two months, i took my time to take into their culture and lifestyle. No doubt, adapting to new culture needs certain process and time to integrate into, yet concurrent it leads to cultural shock which you do not wish to happen. Let me ranges my cultural shock from severe to minor: language, cultural, lifestyle, weather, people, food, custom. But don't panic, I believe it happens to everyone.

"One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things."
- Henry Miller

WHAT I GAINED except studying?

1. Explore the Surrounding
No doubt to say, I seemed to be a full-time traveller then a full-time student. Instead of using my  time in library, i would rather spend more time on visiting the places around me. Although it sounds wrong for whom a full-time student. But i choose to believe my point, you are only young once, why not? ANYWAY, I had venture out several places and spots as the photos are the prove.

The Wheel of Brisbane
In close feeding kangaroos. I can see how docile they are, how nature deeply attracted me. Just leave worries behind and lay on the grass, enjoy the fresh air. 


Jump to the max for my gold coast trip. Perfect gateway in my easter break. 
My dream photo has come true after 20 years.

Group photo to end perfectly to our adventure trip to Dreamworld, wet'n wild, sea world in Gold Coast.


2. Find new interest
You'd never know your hidden talent unless you get out to your comfort zone and try things with a gang of outgoing friends. How to prove my first sentence? I come out with my own thesis statement: I am absolutely talented. *flip hair and wink eye* hahahaha. However, the premise condition to discover your talent: Be Spontaneous BUT Play Within Your Limit.


 Went to 'The Script' concert. The view is just perfect to enjoy their performance. 

Another spontaneous activity to try out is the illimi run.
 Ready to get splash and illuminate in the dark.

 I felt so sorry for burying my talent for so long. 
Don't you think that mini golf is easy, try and see!

Ice skating.

3. Meet new friends
It is pleasant to associate with people all around the world. For a Chinese-educated person, I can't believe i am the only asian in the class full of english people. I suffered language barrier and talk to no one in a 2-hour class. Luckily, time will prove. I meet a lot of friends from different country and background. Also, clubs and society help a lot.


4. Food!!!

"People who love to eat are always the best people. - Julia Child"
"The secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." -Mark Twain

This is true. I just want to be a best and successful person.

Warning: Don't scroll down if you are a hungry person right now. 



Chowdown- poached egg, bacon, sausage, roasted tomato, mushroom, parmesan rosti, and sourdough toast
  -at Au Cirque.

Mixed greens of pak choi, sugar snaps, green beans, kale, pearl barley, fetta, soy dressing and a poached egg- Au Cirque.
Honey puff at eat street market.
Scrambled eggs and fetta
Toasted muesli with fresh fruits at Beach Cafe, Gold Coast.
One of my favourite brunch place, Shouk Cafe. Pumpkin and Halloumi on Toast.

Twister potato at Eat Street Market
Their soup based seriously nice- Ramen Champion
A must try premium homemade burger in Brisbane- Miel container
https://www.facebook.com/MielContainer
Only chinese food will make you miss your home - The cube hot pot, Sunnybank.
Just a walking distance cafe from home, ice cream sandwich in Chester street.
5. Completely get through my half year in Australia!




TIME TO GO BACK HOME!




















1 comment :